Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?

Well, this is a first for the Calhoun Clan!

We have lived and breathed baseball every spring and even a few fall ball sessions since Micah was only 3 years old, but football is literally a brand new ball game!

The jury is still out on how I feel about contact sports, especially since one of the boys on Micah's team has already broken his arm.

But like I have said before, if for no other reason, I truly believe the Lord sends us kids just to enhance our prayer life.

The great thing about football is that Savanna gets to cheer!

I am the living breathing advertisement for the 'one stop shopping mom' who likes to 'kill two birds with one stone' so to speak. So the idea that both kids have an activity that they enjoy at the SAME time at the SAME place is two thumbs up in my book.

Although I did CRINGE at the initial cost of the sports, after I saw them in full uniform looking too cute for words, I decided it was worth every penny.

Saturday was our Jamboree which meant ALL DAY games for all ages in the RAIN no less!


Here's Micah with a few of his favorite friends on his team.

Don't you love Brandon's 'game face?'

Savanna and her sweet friend Hadley

A few last minute 'pointers' from Coach Ronnie











I made sure Brian read RULE #3 on the parent's info sheet several times
that clearly stated there was to be
NO COACHING FROM THE SIDELINES FROM ANY PARENTS!
Whew! That's gonna be a tough one!

Definitely a good exercise in self control!



The cheerleaders helped raise money with yummy treats at their bake sale.

How could you possibly say 'NO' to those sweet faces?

Micah loved the water breaks!

Final Score ~ Eagles WIN!




Hiding from the rain or making a fort?

Love our enthuiastic little mascots!











Kristopher and Austin really worked up a sweat! Actually, some of it is just plain rain.

It rained ALL DAY!



Those are some funky feet!

Actually it didn't bother me a bit.

I figured with all that mud, the feet would be easier to get clean than the shoes!










I think the boys had more fun playing football in the mud after their real game was over than they did during the actual game.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sara.... We are walking down a similar path. (I almost said the same path but I don't have a cheerleader.) Roman started practice for tackle football this week and I have been praying & trusting. (Their games don't start for a while though.) I love the pictures! From the adorable kids, to the 'Shout Outs' for $1 on the bake sale sign, to the muddy feet, to the gargantuan snow cone, to the mullet. What a great post!

    ReplyDelete