Monday, August 30, 2010

Be Still My Heart

I have always tucked little notes, trinkets, and memory verse cards in our children's lunchboxes.
I even once bought a box of 'lunchbox lovenotes' from the Christian Bookstore that were specifically designed to build up and encourage your children with scripture during their lunch break. My hearts desire has always been to brighten their day, encourage them, and let them know they are loved beyond measure even when they are beyond my reach.
I also hoped that it would instill in them the desire to do the same for their own children one day.

Well, my heart lept for joy when I opened Micah's lunchbox on the third day of school and found this note carefully tucked away.
Along with the thankfulness and joy at the thoughtfulness of her sweet gesture came an overwhelming feeling of responsibility. She is watching AND IMITATING everything she sees us doing! What a high calling and privilege that comes with great responsibility.
I need to re-examine other areas of my life and do some 'house cleaning' in my spirit before she starts imitating everything!
Being a parent really keeps you on your toes and can jump start a spiritual growth spurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment