Monday, April 25, 2011

Micah's Favorite Day of the Year!


I knew that Field Day was always something that he looked forward to, but I cracked up when one of my friends that works at the school said Micah told her "You couldn't pay me to stay home today...this is the BEST day of the whole year!"
The only thing that made the "BEST DAY" even better was the fact that Uncle Brad had just come home from New York and was able to come with Grandma to see Micah competing in his Field Day events! Anything is better when Uncle Brad and Grandma are around!



As if a day of sports weren't enough to make a boy smile, just add in all the snacks and refreshments!

After these boys humored me and allowed me to get a group photo, I couldn't believe it when I looked down to see THREE of them wearing the exact same shoes!





This is Micah's prized posession ~ his jogging club necklace. Each plastic 'foot' represents 10 miles. His competitive spirit shines through every Monday when I come to pick him up. Most of the kids are walking, talking, and just enjoying the time outside with other friends. There are a few that are 'jogging' during Jogging Club. But then there is Micah who is always drenched in sweat and RUNNING a million miles an hour trying to get in as many miles as possible.


Poor Gracie had a run in with her horse and had to watch most of the field day activities from the comfort of her wheelchair.


I especially love this one of Micah coaching his teammates on and giving it his all as the anchor at tug-o-war. Leave it all on the field, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment