Saturday, July 17, 2010

Camp Kidventure Day 1

The day Brian left for the Holy Land also happened to be the very first day of our Sports and Rereation Camp at church. The busy schedule of camp really helped pass the time while Brian was out of the country. I stayed plenty busy keeping up with the 67 kids that had signed up for Camp Kidventure!
Our theme this year was "Stand Strong" ~ and really, how cool are these shirts?
And yes, I meant for them to be lime green and purple.
It is much easier to count 67 kiddos when you are out and about on daily field trips when they practically GLOW!
On Monday, we went to Triple Play which is a local bounce house and indoor game center.
Our lunchtime devotion was about the Trinity. We started off brainstorming other words like Triple Play that start with 'tri'. The kids came up with the bet words like tricycle, tripod, triceratops, etc... I did my best to give example of the Holy Trinity ~ and the kids seemed to grasp the concept.

Here's the best part.... at the end of our devotion time, one of the kids told me that he could remember our devotion from LAST YEAR?
I totally did not believe him, but played along and said AWESOME! He went on and explained the ENTIRE devotion with accuracy.
He said, "Yeah, you asked us if we were thirsty and offered us some gatorade since gatorade is supposed to be a thirst quencher. You explained that even though it was a thirst quencher, we would eventually get thirsty again. But Jesus offered us something to make us thirst no more." He continued to recall the entire story while I welled up with tears as I realized that what we are doing this week is SO much more that simply keeping the kids busy for one week of the summer. The seeds that we are planting are taking root in their young hearts!

That was all I needed to energize me through the rest of our uber busy week!



Brylee and Carmen apparently can sleep ANYWHERE!
This place was certainly less than quiet!








No comments:

Post a Comment