Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Blueberry Love

One of my favorite things about 'country life' is the gloriously delicious fresh produce. We moved here right smack in the middle of blueberry season. In fact, I remember the kids running inside with fists full of berries that they had found on some strange bush in our yard. This CITY girl did not know what to make of this and truthfully, I was afraid they were poison berries.
I didn't grow up just wandering around outside picking fresh fruit and vegetables from bushes!
Well, three years later, I am slowly but surely catching on to this whole country life thing and couldn't wait to initiate my nephew and sister in law and give them a TASTE of the 'sweet' life!

Tyson jumped right in there like he knew what he was doing.
He took off running the moment he got his bucket!








It was hard to keep his bucket full because he kept emptying it.
Needless to say, Tyson LOVED the fresh berries!


Seriously, do you think he could open his mouth ANY BIGGER?
Too funny!
When Tyson's belly FINALLY got full, he would take other people's berries and put them in HIS bucket.
Why are the biggest ones always out of reach?

Oh the possibilities.....blueberry cobbler, blueberry delight, blueberry parfaits, blueberry muffins, ... why do I feel a little like Forrest Gump?
Yummers!!!

It was hotter than hot this day, so we swung by the church to get some popsicles and let Tyson play on Uncle Brian's computer.







1 comment:

  1. my parents have blueberry bushes in their back yard...and we picked there this year. My dad said he was going to try to separate the bushes and give me a shoot....SO hoping that works. We love us some blueberries around here, too!

    Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete