Saturday, August 14, 2010

Don't be a Tumbleweed!

As previously promised, here are more VBS memories captured on film.
I have been a blog slacker lately due to the busy schedule involved in summer children's ministry, but boy oh boy do I have some sweet pictures from all we have done this summer.
Back to VBS... too many stories to share ~ probably too many PICTURES to share, but the main purpose of this blog is to record our family memories. So either bear with me, or pop back over in a few days when our stroll down VBS memory lane is finally over.
One story I want to record (because I feel certain my memory won't retain it for any great period of time) is about our favorite VBS song "Don't be a Tumbleweed".
Great catchy tune and really cool lyrics!
Well, long about Wednesday night, Brian and I had the privilege of teaching the Bible Rotation. That night's Bible story was about Zaccheus, so for the preschoolers, we sang a good old fashioned round of Zaccheus ~ Full motions and all!
Well after that, little 3 year old Douglas exclaimed "Now let's do the bumblebee one!"
I didn't catch on right away and said "Are you talking about
'I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee?'"
He quickly corrected me and seemed quite frustrated that I was so dumb!
He said "Nooooooo! You know:
'Dooooon't Beeee A BUMBLEBEE,
blowin anywhere the wiiiiiind may lead,
plant yourself deeeeeeeep,
in the B-I-B-L-E."
Kids say the darndest!
And I LOVE IT!!!



























No comments:

Post a Comment