Thursday, November 18, 2010

Roots of my Raisin'

After breakfast at the fish pond with Brian's family, we stopped by the old family homestead.
Brian's grandparents raised 17 wonderful children in this sweet home that one of his cousins now lives in.



The kids couldn't resist the playing on the tire swing in the front yard, and I couldn't resist taking a few gazillion pictures!









Looking at the size and age of this tree, it suddenly occurred to me that it is very likely one of the trees that Brian's mom, aunts, and uncles once climbed and played in when they were children.
Somehow, that makes these pictures so much more special!








The roots of my raisin' run deep
I come back for the strength that I need
And hope comes no matter how far down I sink
The roots of my raisin' run deep.

1 comment:

  1. Again, I love another one of your posts! I think I want to live in that place. That's my FAVORITE picture of Savanna!

    ReplyDelete