Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday Walk ~ Spagetti Talk

Spagetti has always been one of my favorite meals.
But spagetti will never be the same for me!
You see, when Savanna was about 4 years old, we were eating a lovely spagetti dinner when she announced to us that she had Jesus in her heart!
I nearly dropped my fork in utter excitement at this glorious news!
Brian ~ being the more logical and level headed half of our partnership ~ began to question her to find out more details.
I will never forget her answer as she rubbed her collar bone very intently
"Yep ~ I am pretty sure that's Jesus' elbow right there!"
Ahhhh ~ what a lesson on the literal mindset of a small child and the 'Christianese' that we speak within the church! How important it is that we explain terms like 'saved', 'lost', 'covered in the BLOOD', etc...
God's grace and love is immeasurable ~ and since that spagetti talk long ago, Savanna has indeed 'asked Jesus into her heart' to forgive her of her sins, to be the Lord and Savior of her life, and secured her eternal home in heaven.
But ......spagetti will just NEVER be the same for me again! ;0D


No comments:

Post a Comment