Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Harvest

The fields are white
for the harvest

"Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields;
for they are white and ready to harvest."
John 4:35

"The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few;
Pray therefore to the Lord of the harvest,
that He will send forth laborers into His harvest."
Matthew 9:37-38
Can you believe that we get to pass this beautiful field every day on our way to and from school?

Every year when the cotton is in bloom I want to take a picture, but of course, something always comes up and I miss my window of opportunity. Today, it was just by the grace of God that we didn't miss the opportunity ~ yet again!

On our way home from school, I saw the big tractor-thingy{all my country friends are just going to LOVE that} picking up all the cotton.

HALF THE FIELD WAS ALREADY HARVESTED!

We rushed home, found white shirts & blue jeans, grabbed a snack and sunglasses (I had planned on doing pics at sunset, not when the sun is right in your eye - we are all TERRIBLE squinters) and hurried back out to the field.

Have I told you lately that I LOVE living in the country?

Maybe that should be a blog post all it's own...
{to be continued at a later date}

3 comments:

  1. OK...what cool pictures! I have never seen this done before...you are SO creative!!

    And I am so glad that you love the country!!! If I'm honest, it made me a little crazy! :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures and the Scriptures that fit so perfectly. I love the song from long ago that said, "My house is full, but my fields are empty. Who will go and work for me today?"

    Your children are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Don't be surprised if I copy you!! We happen to have a field of cotton near us too. =) I love country living also..

    ReplyDelete