Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Valentines

Aren't these the sweetest Valentines you've ever seen?
I just love my children and love a day that you celebrate love!


Savanna found a cute speckled frog in her bag. She is really into frogs right now, mostly for the whole "Fully Rely On God" thing.

Micah got a few G.I. Joe figurines.
And they both found some new, cool clothes in their bags.
(I heart Target!)
You want to know what REALLY warmed my heart....
They made EACH OTHER Valentines cards!
How cool is that?
They weren't even told to do it!
Can you tell my heart just melted!?

We didn't get to have our school parties on Friday because of our SNOW DAY (crazy right? I'll post on that tomorrow) Anyway, Monday was our parties BUT I had already planned a "half-birthday" party for Micah's teacher, Mrs. D.
She has a summer birthday so we wouldn't be in school to celebrate with her. She is DEFINITELY someone worth celebrating, so we planned a little surprise b-day action to go along with the Valentines fun.
The class gave her this beautiful necklace for her "half-birthday" with all three of her babies on it. Her middle child went home to be with Jesus shortly after his first birthday and I have felt burdened to find her photo jewelry that would include a spot for all three of her beautiful children. Her oldest daughter was a doll and helped me smuggle a few pictures out of the house so it would be a surprise.
Mrs. D. and I burst into tears when she opened the gift ~ the children were so funny, they thought she didn't like the gift!
They understood a little better when she showed them Riley's picture. She is very open about Riley and talks to the children about him. It has also made her a big influence in our school's Relay For Life fundraising campaign as we try to find a cure for cancer.
Micah and Mrs. D. enjoying the ice cream float and cookie cake.
Check out the beautiful handmade Valentines that the children made at school.
Micah with his bag of goodies from all of his friends.
Savanna with her fifth grade buds making ice cream sundaes.
YUMMY!
Hope you all had a WONDERFULLY SWEET VALENTINES!
We are still trying to get our blood sugars leveled out over here before the Easter candy arrives!

1 comment: