Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why do I feel like a criminal?

We just made a quick run to Target and left feeling like CRIMINALS!
~
Savanna had a gift card that was burning a whole in her pocket and she just couldn't wait to get a new Wii game. We had several things on our list to buy, but we made a direct shot over to the gaming area to make sure they had the Mario Bros. game she was wanting. The only problem was, you can't leave the electronics department without paying for the game there. I guess there are too many games that mysteriously "disappear" if they leave the electronics area without actually being purchased.
Transaction #1
***
Then we made our way over to the pharmacy area to pick up some generic Nyquil to help me shake off whatever it is I seem to be fighting the past few days. Again, we have to pay for the item in the designated area. Only this time, we also have to provide a driver's license and sign off on something that I think was verifying that we would not be going home and making black market drugs with the Nyquil. Anyway, we finally made it out of the pharmacy with our much needed meds ~ but only after the pharmacist gave us what I consider to be a look of great suspicion.
Transaction #2
***
Finally, we found all the other much needed items on our shopping list such as pictures, bubble gum, shaving cream, etc... and checked out at the regular register in the front of the store.
Transaction #3
***
Now I ask you, what in heaven's name is our world coming to when it requires 3 different transactions to leave Target with less than 10 items? For someone like me who already has a ridiculously high guilt complex about things that I am actually innocent, it does something to your psyche to be treated like a thief or drug dealer before 10:00 am on a Saturday.
Maybe it's just me, but it makes me mad, sad, and a little frustrated to have to deal with such nonsense ~ not to mention, I'm beginning to develop a criminal complex for pity's sake!

3 comments:

  1. Crystal Meth! Can you believe it's made from common cold medicines & household cleaners?! I never would have known that if it wasn't for cable television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel...crazy! Have I ever told you about our first neighbor in Tennessee? Yep, he not only was a drug dealer...but a manufacturer of METH...RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO ME!!! Holy Cats!

    So honestly, I don't mind showing my ID...I hated living next door to uncle Fester making his homemade drugs...yuck!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS really sad huh?! Unforunately, bad apples ruin things for the rest of us :(

    ReplyDelete