Sunday, February 28, 2010

And the 'Father of the Year' Award Goes To....

I know it is no where near Father's Day.
And for that matter, I know there is not an actual award for 'Father of the Year',
BUT IF THERE WERE...
I know exactly who I would nominate.
Brian sat down with Savanna this afternoon and gave her her very first guitar lesson. She has been on the pursuit of a new 'thang' for some time now. She hung up her dancing shoes a short while ago and decided that she wanted something new as a hobby, but she just didn't know exactly what that 'thang' was going to be.
She even went out to the ball field during draft week to try softball on for size.
Since her closest buddies weren't on board PLUS she realized she couldn't play ball in the new press on nails she just got ~ GASP ~ she decided to vote "NO" to softball also.

She was thrilled when she mastered the 'D major' chord!
Look at that sweet face ~ she was BEAMING!!!

Brian was incredibly patient and encouraging with her. It was such a precious interaction to witness.
As if that weren't enough, he also agreed to appease Micah's imagination and play along with his laundry hamper Olympic Bobsledding dreams. :)
Yesterday's game of choice was Cops and Robbers. I totally thought Micah was in BIG TROUBLE when I heard Brian talking in a very loud, authoratative voice. Then I realized they were chasing each other with toy guns!!! HA!
{wish I had thought to grab my camera then}
Here's a series of images to document what they spent the better part of today doing. It will also serve as good evidence to show the chiropractor when we try to explain why Brian is curled up in pain tomorrow.

Check out the expression on Micah's face!

I know this one is a bit blurry, but I included it just to show how dog-gone FAST these guys were going!
GOLD MEDAL for sure!
After several exhausting laps around the house, Brian finally called it quits.
But I truly do not know another Daddy that pours as much love, energy, and time into the hearts and lives of his children.
I tease him all the time and tell him I would have married him just for his bug killing abilities alone. {I CAN NOT STAND BUGS!!!}
But I honestly can say, I really would have married him just for his fathering skills. I am so thankful for what he does and who he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment