Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just in case you were wondering...

I have not been intentionally neglecting my blog, but life in the Calhoun household has reached a whole new level of craziness. I told Brian I think we have a sickness of self-sabotage. Just as soon as there is 2 seconds of unscheduled "free time", we think of something ridiculously time consuming to thrust ourselves into.
Would you like to know what our latest genius idea is?
"Let's paint the entire exterior of our TWO STORY house....all by OURSELVES!"
Brilliant, right?
Actually, we really have been enjoying the beautiful Spring weather and the togetherness of the project. It is just taking MUCH longer than we ever anticipated! Between painting the house and Micah's daily baseball practices, there has been little time left for playing on blogger.
Here's a little sneak peak at the makeover process.

The original colors were dark brown siding, dark brown trim, and dark brown doors.

We are painting the siding tan, trim and porch white, and doors black. We are also putting up some black shutters to match the doors. I am hoping and praying that it all comes together and looks the way I think it will in my mind. Because, quite frankly, whatever it ends up looking like is just the way it is going to have to stay for a VERY LONG TIME. We are only crazy enough to do this ONCE.

And yes.... that is yours truly up on the roof painting the chimney.

Can I tell you, it is not nearly as hard to get ON a roof as it is to get OFF a roof.

I seriously thought Brian was going to have to call the fire department to get me down. I really think I may have had my first panic attack trying to maneuver back onto that silly ladder.

Can I also tell all my local friends that are oh so friendly to PLEASE STOP HONKING THEIR HORNS when they drive by while we are on the ladder or roof. We love you all dearly, but
seriously people, are you trying to make us fall?

I will have to post 'before' and 'after' pictures whenever we finally finish our Extreme Makeover. Don't expect those pictures anytime soon though.
Maybe our goal will be Spring 2012.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I wish I could see these pictures!!! Not sure why they aren't showing but I will be coming back later to check! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Wonder Woman...or maybe spider woman with your roof dwelling abilities.

    If my memory serves me correctly...this isn't the first house you've painted... is it?

    You are awesome!!! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, y'all are crazy!! Wanna come paint my 3-story house's trim when you're done? ;)

    ReplyDelete