Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Unforgettable Staff Meeting

Every month we have a luncheon in our home for all of the families that have visited the church. It is a wonderful time to get to know these new friends and answer any questions they may have about the church. Usually after the luncheon is over, our church staff hangs out and has an informal staff meeting before returning to the church for the evening services. This past week, we had a staff meeting like no other.
Bro. Phil, our Minister of Music, had slammed his finger in a window the day before and was in some serious pain. Brian convinced him the only solution was to relieve the pressure by drilling a hole in the nail! Now, I promise with all my heart, these guys love each other, but doesn't it look like Brian is having WAY too much fun in the picture?
Actually, they never really used the drill. Bro. Phil apparently had a few hesitations, (I can't imagine why!) Another church member who is a nurse lives across the street, and she graciously came over to help in the "surgery". I will spare you the details, but we all had a few laughs at poor Bro. Phil's expense.

Note to self: DO NOT slam your hand in a window!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my!! First, I can't believe that you guys do that! How neat!! Even one time visitors? Second, did you guys make a hole in his finger to relive the pressure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Relieve, not relive, lol that is quite different. I'm sure he doesn't want to relive this. I'm forwarding this to my Pastor. I think the monthly luncheon is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're funny Beck! Yes ~ all first time visitors and whoever invited them to the church are invited to lunch on the first Sunday of the month. Great alternative to the old fashioned door to door visitation. I don't think people in our generation like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete