Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Opening Day at the Ballpark

Saturday was Opening Day at the ballpark!
Micah is playing on the Little Caesar's team. This is his first year playing on Coach Pitch and he is stoked! That is a big right of passage from the old T-ball field.

Brian has helped coach Micah's team since he first starting playing ball when he was only 3 years old. Again, I just want to put it in writing and say how thankful I am that my children have such a wonderful Daddy that invests so much time and love into their lives.

I also really like the fact that I always get to capture these 'too cute for words' Father/Son pictures in their matching uniforms! :)
Good thing our team was the very first ones to get their pictures made ~ those pants didn't stay white for long. I think I need to invest in the super industrial sized bottle of Shout stain removal. We got a little spoiled last year with BLACK baseball pants.
Savanna with her sweet friend Arianna.
LOVE those Sheldt boys!
Check out those grins!
Each team is responsible for setting up a booth to raise money. Some have games, others have food, but the FAVORITE booth was the baby bottle Koolaid booth. I know, it's ridiculous right?! But would you believe they sold over 400 of those crazy things!?! My kids had already bought theirs before Opening Ceremonies had even started!

Mr. Artie ~ our ball park president and good buddy~ introduced Brian for prayer during opening ceremony.
Justin did an AWESOME job singing the Star Spangled Banner! I was so proud of him! He didn't miss a note or a word ~ not too shabby for a first grader!

Delaney cracked me up during opening ceremonies. She had a bear that would sing if you squeezed it's hand. She kept turning that silly thing on during the prayer, song, announcements, team introductions, etc... Her mom would turn it back off, and then that little stinker would turn it back on. It was a hilarious battle of wills!
Haley and Harmoni looking too cute in their softball uniforms.
Aaron and Colby pumped and ready for their big games.
Coach Chris is THE MASTER at getting these boys to steal bases! He is the PERFECT third base coach!
Micah made it HOME!
Here's Micah's fan club ~ Grandpa, Grandma, and Dede!

Me and one of my besties, Sonja!
We had as much fun watching our husband's coach as we did watching the little boys play.

Micah on the pitcher's mound and Brandon on third base are "baseball ready".

I always love the "good game, good game..." hand slaps.
And although I know it's not about winning or losing, but how you play the game, it is certainly more fun when you do win ~ which THEY DID!
Way to go Little Caesar's!
Coach Wayne talking with the boys after the game.

Grandpa couldn't wait to congratulate Micah on his first big win in Coach Pitch.
Grandpa even got a little action during the game when a fly ball came soaring in our direction. I hate it that I didn't have my camera ready for Grandpa's big catch.
Two thumbs up for a game well played!
My friend Amanda's four-year-old Tommy was begging for a cupcake. She told him she was NOT buying any more cupcakes. I turned around to catch him LICKING THE ICING right off of one of them!
I quickly informed Amanda that she WAS buying at least one cupcake!

I LOVE the expression on his face when he realized he "won" the cupcake war.
Some of the kids had to get creative to keep themselves occupied while waiting for their games.
It was a long day, and although it was really windy and felt positively cold most of the day, we got SUN BURNED! YIKES! Brian is an official RED NECK! That really made for a lot of fun getting to preach the next day in a collar and tie!
The Pony League challenged the coaches and parents to a game as a grand finale to the day.
I love this picture of Chase and Jackson watching their Daddy hit the ball OUT OF THE PARK!
Way to go Chad!
"Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!"
I wish I could have zoomed in and captured the joyous look on Isaac's face as he struck out his Mom! He was a little too happy if you ask me.

Savanna was thrilled to be on Brylee patrol most of the day.

I just had to snag a picture of the back of Micah's jersey.
It was his idea to pick number 68 so his shirt would read
MICAH 6:8
"And what does the Lord require of you, but to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with the Lord."
LOVE THAT KID!

3 comments:

  1. Sara, this was so great! One of the things Rob is most excited about is being able to coach our baby's games when he or she is old enough. I've told him that's going to be a problem if the poor kid is born with my (lack of) athletic ability, hee hee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....great blog post! Opening day was so much fun! And so funny that you posted my little monkey licking the cupcake! He totally won that war huh?!

    ReplyDelete