Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Homeschooling Swap and Play

My blogging has definitely been put on the back burner lately. Homeschooling and ministry and just life in general has been consuming so much of my time that it simply has not been a priority. Who knew there would be so many fun opportunities to get together with other homeschooling families in our area for 'field trips' and social fun. In addition to many other activities, our homeschool group has decided that the first Friday of every month they will meet at the park for PE, then we let the kids play and picnic while we have a free swap. Everyone sets out their unwanted items and shops for free through all the other items that are on display. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
You know, here we are a month and a half into this new homeschooling adventure, and I have to tell you...it has been such a wonderful experience. I have always admired other homeschool families, but just never thought it was for us. In fact, I was talking to some of our dear friends from seminary, James and Kelli, who are now in their 4th year of homeschooling, and I told them that I used to look at homeschooling the same way I looked at women who chose to give birth without an epideral.
It's amazing!
It's impressive!

BUT...
It's DEFINITELY not for me!


Let's just say, my opinion has definitely changed ~ at least about the homeschooling ( I still stand strong on the value of an epidural) But seriously, I can't imagine doing this any other way. It has been such a blessing and I am honored to meet other families that are sold out in homeschooling. Families that are being obedient to what God has called them to do. Families that are making financial sacrifices in an attempt to help their children 'grow roots' and become disciples for the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment