Saturday, December 25, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas


So, my crazy friends decided to do a little pranking and express their love for us by reinacting their own version of the 12 days of Christmas ~ complete with all the unexpected gifts and all!
Let me just say, I had the most fun with this gift and trying to guess who my "TRUE FRIENDS" were. In fact, my kids waited expectantly at the windows each day to try and spy to catch our friends 'in the act' of delivering our goodies. Here's a run down of the goodies in backwards order so you can kind of sing along...

On the twelveth day of Christmas my 'true friends' game to me...

12 drummers drumming11 pipers piping




10 lizards leaping


8 milk jug maids
(the 9 ladies dancing never appeared ~ maybe they're Baptist too!)

7 schwan's fish sticks

6 geese laid eggs

5 onion rings

4 bird whistles

3 southern hens

2 turtle doves

and a camper in a RV!!!

Seriously, how great is that????
I love these ladies more than words can express and am amazed at their creativity and love!
They finally "came clean" and revealed themselves at the Candlelight service when the 12 drummers drumming made their appearance after the service was over. I would say that was the grand finale of the night, but Steph's hair catching on fire during the candlelight procession kind of trumped out my drummers drumming!

No comments:

Post a Comment