Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Thirteen years ago today, I married the love of my life!

I can truly say I love him more today than I did on our wedding day.
I can not imagine walking through life with anyone else. There are so many things that I love and appreciate about my man ~ but here are just a few...

Dearest Brian~
You are a true man of God. You are the exact same person in the pulpit as you are behind closed doors every other day of the week.

I love the way you laugh - especially when it is that uncontrollable, can hardly catch your breath laugh. It is the best sound in the world. I find myself just watching you and enjoying YOU instead of whatever was originally funny.

You are so easy to talk to about anything and everything. You have a unique way of making other people feel super important no matter how trivial their problems may be.

In 13 years of marriage, I can not think of even one selfish thing that you have ever done. You are the most self-LESS person I know.

You have such an incredible way of making the Bible easy to understand. I know it is the Lord working through you, but I am so thankful for your faithfulness in service to Him. Many, many times I have gone to bed while you are studying God's word in preparation for a sermon and then I wake up and still find you studying. I have often asked "Did you sleep at all?" I appreciate your dedication and devotion to the Lord and desire to see others grow in their faith.

I love the way you love our children. You have set such an awesome example for them to follow. You truly treasure them and they know it. Thank you for pouring your time and love into them.

You spoil me in so many ways, but one of my favorite is your old fashioned chivalry. You always open my doors, take out the trash (without being asked), and I think I have only pumped my own gas about once a year for the past 13 years!

Happy Anniversary Babe!

I love you with all of my heart!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Fantastic post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetheart!

    I love you so very much!!
    I love you more today than I did 13 years ago (and I thought that was just impossible!). After reading what you wrote on the blog, I wanted to write something to you. Those were the sweetest words that anyone has ever said or wrote about me. I was humbled by your awfully kind words. I remember when we went to the Fair and even though it took about 2-3 hours to get there, I enjoyed every minute of it. Talking with you, and getting to know you was a privilege and treat. Now after 13 years of marriage, I can say that my love for you and desire to spend time with you has grown immensely. I truly enjoyed last night! The Blind Side, and Bonefish Grill were great, BUT the BEST thing about last night was being with you. I love gazing at you and looking into your beautiful eyes. I loved holding your hand as we watched the movie and waited for our meal to arrive. I had the most wonderful time last night, even on our elusive search for someone to take the links out of my watch—LOL! Your giving heart is a true testimony to me and others of your love for Jesus. I realize that it is God working in and through you. However, as you know, you must be a willing vessel and you are!! You are so unselfish and it shows in everything that you do. From our family to the church family, and everyone in between you have an enormous heart for ministering to others. Your heart for ministry has taught (and continues to teach) me so very much about what it means to unconditionally love people. I would not be the person that I am without having you in my life. I am so thankful for you! I pray for many, many, many, many, many more years together!

    I love you with all my heart!!

    Love,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...this is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete