Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Conspiracy Theory

This was the first year that Savanna ventured out with me on Black Friday to be my shopping buddy. I was so excited that she is finally old enough to appreciate the fun and adventure of this day ( Brian has never appreciated this day and very much appreciates that I no longer invite him to join me!)



We had so much fun and truly shopped til we dropped for 11 hours! At the end of the afternoon, my mom and Micah met up with us for some MILD shopping. She was still suppossed to be taking it easy. She actually ASKED the NURSE if she could go shopping ~ the nurse's response was sarcastic to say the least! Anyway, they met us at Target where Mom found a little treat for each of the kids. (Keep in mind these treats came just moments before we began an hour and a half car ride.) I accused Mom of sabotage or some sort of twisted revenge because she got Micah a VERY complicated transformer that he simply could not transform and Savanna her VERY FIRST Potholder Looming Set. REALLY? Maybe Mom was still a little loopy from the Twilight meds they gave her ~ maybe it wasn't really a conspiracy.


maybe.






Although the first 10 minutes of the trip I cringed, just waiting for the tears and wailing to begin, I am very proud to announce that remarkably we made it home safe and sound with very little drama.






I was able to reason with Micah and explain that ~ "Yes, I could help him transform his car into a robot, but that might cause us to get in a wreck."



Shockingly, he chose to WAIT TIL WE GOT HOME!



Hallelujah and Praise the Lord!






Savanna got a little frustrated at first and let out a few sighs of disappointment when those crazy rubber bands starting popping off the loom and flying across the car, but she stuck with it, kept her cool, and completed not one, but TWO of the most beautiful pot holders I have ever seen.



(not that I'm biased or anything)



I think these looming kits are some sort of "right of passage" for every 10 year old girl out there. Can I get a shout out from all of those of you who remember trying to make one of those blasted potholders? I think the year I was 10 I gave every female member in our entire family a carefully woven potholder made of those little nylon rubberbands. It is definitely a labor of love. If you have never had the "joy" of making one, and you recieve one as a gift, PLEASE act appreciative! You have NO IDEA how much time and patience is involved in the project!



It is definitely a mark of spiritual maturity if you can make it to the end of the project while still keeping your testimony in tact!






I am thankful for the little signs along the way that my babies are growing and maturing.



Any step in the right direction is a step in the right direction!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Friend...I was once a weaver / loomer myself. I was even so good that I made a PURSE!!! And. I. Carried. It. Thank. You. Very. Much. Tell Savana that I think her pot holders are FABULOUS.

    PS...I think Jesus might really be returning soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I was a pot-holder girl too. In fact, I was also quite the entrepreneur and I sold my pot-holders for 50 cents each, to all of the sweet old ladies in my neighborhood. They insisted that they buy my beautiful creations! So, you tell Savanna that I know they are gorgeous and I'll purchase several of them from her!

    ReplyDelete