Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Eleven Years Ago...

My sweet baby girl was born
11 years ago today!

Dear Savanna,

I can hardly believe that you are 11 years old today!
~
Eleven years ago my life changed FOREVER! It seems like only yesterday you were a tiny little baby ~ and now you are blossoming into such a lovely young lady. I remember when you were born, I was completely overwhelmed with a new found love that I had never experienced before ~ a protective love. I had this indescribable desire to keep you safe, happy, and protected. It was then that I realized, on a new and deeper level, how very much the Lord loves us all. He loved Jesus with that same protective love too, and yet He allowed Him to be crucified and die just for us! Your birth helped me to better appreciate the love of our Lord!
~
You have such a generous spirit and your desire to make others happy has challenged me to be a more thoughtful person. You have such a big heart that always desires to help others in need. You are always brainstorming new ways to bless others. I remember even as a very little girl, you would wrap up your toys and give them to your friends. You are constantly making something for someone.
~
I love the fact that you are a girly girl through and through! I am so thankful that you love dresses, hairbows, nail polish, make-up, perfume and smelly lotions. I love it that you ALWAYS carry a purse everywhere you go. You probably have more purses than I do! But I still have more shoes than you ~ at least for now. Your love for fashion makes you so much fun to shop with! I tell people that you definitely came here knowing your gender!
~
You are a fabulous helper in every way. I don't know what I would do without your help around the house. If you see me busy cleaning, you almost always offer to help. I couldn't even begin to count the loads of laundry you have folded AND put away for me! You can do dishes, clean bathrooms, dust, mop, vacuum...I think you can practically do any household chore and you do it with a voluntary, helpful heart. You never ask for anything in return. Your only motivation is to be helpful. What a rare and precious trait for someone your age.
~
You have the most incredible memory of anyone I know. Thank you for always giving me reminders and keeping me in check. I guess I would just about be lost without you!
~
You are the best organizer I have ever met. You are constantly sorting and organizing something. You have organized my purse, my card drawer, our books and movie collections, the craft supplies, the game closet, ... you have even organized your brother's room! Earlier today, I caught you organizing our Christmas cards.
~
Your contagious laughter has brought so much joy and happiness into our home. I love to hear you giggle and squeal with delight. Your face just glows and lights up the room when you are happy.
~
You have grown up so much this year. I am amazed at how much you have matured physically and emotionally. But I LOVE the fact that you will still play with baby dolls and littlest pet shop!
~
I am so proud of how you always strive to do all things to a degree of excellence. You definitely are a perfectionist ~ you come by it honestly since your mom AND dad are too! I think it is a good quality trait and will make you successful at whatever you choose to do in life. Just remember, perfection is not actually possible. Forgive yourself and others easily and freely. Learn from your mistakes and then move on. Mistakes do not define you. This has taken me a long time to learn.

~
I am amazed at the many blessings and gifts that the Lord has graciously given to you. It is such a honor to be your Mom. I am so proud of you and thank God that He sent you to our family. Sometimes I wonder what you will be when you grow up. I know it will be something so special and the Lord is going to use you in a mighty and incredible way because it is evident that you are living your life for Him. I pray you will walk with the Lord your entire life and live to glorify and grow His kingdom.
~
I love you, my sweet baby girl!
I hope you have a happy, happy birthday!!!
Love, Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday 'Vanna'! (Remember that? Roman couldn't pronounce Savanna so he always called her Vanna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really can't be 11 years, can it??? Wow!!! I hope you have a FABULOUS birthday, Sweet Savanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday precious girl! You are such an amazing individual and I'm so thankful that we have gotten to know you over the last year! You are a beautiful girl inside and out. I hope you have a beautiful birhtday too!

    ReplyDelete