Saturday, October 3, 2009

creativity at work









I am so thankful that the Lord has given me a creative mind, and I give Him all the glory and praise for that. But I also want to give my mom the credit she deserves as well. You see, while we were growing up, we were constantly encouraged to just "create"! She would give us random objects - (trash to some) - and let our creative juices just flow. Sometimes it was a box of buttons, scraps of foam or material, cardboard, sequins, etc... She really never let our age or even ability stand in the way of trying something new.


Well, this morning I woke up at Mom's house to find Savanna in the garage at the sewing machine. She did an amazing job sewing her very first projects. She made tissue holders and a beach cover up out of an old towel. She is already planning on what her next project will be ~ making outfits for her dolls. She did 100% of the sewing herself. I was so impressed!

Micah jumped right in too but decided that the hammer and saw were going to be his weapons of choice. (Check out the little pencil behind his ear -- too sweet!) He made a Bible stand for his daddy and a box for me to put my shoes in. He really knows what is important to his parents! I could analyze this and become concerned that he might be thinking that shoes are as important to me as a Bible is to his daddy, but I think I will just sit and soak in how sweet it is to see their creativity blossom.

Thanks Mom for planting these sweet seeds in the children like you did for me! I think the Lord delights in our creativity - after all, we serve a very CREATIVE CREATOR!

1 comment:

  1. They have grown so much!!! They are going to be just as creative as their mommy.. =)

    ReplyDelete