Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Treats

We got all our supplies together to make some yummy fall treats. As Micah and I were getting everything out on the counter, we realized that the Symphony candy bar (which is the best part of the stuffed brownies) was somehow missing. We ended up finding it in the back of the van with some other bags of stuff for the church where it had been for the past two days. Needless to say, it had taken on a new "form" due to our crazy weather.


That little bump in the road didn't stop us though!


The kids carefully measured, poured, and stirred.


And although the candy bar didn't break apart in the nice neat rectangles as intended, we made due. If you have never made these, they are the BEST BEST BEST brownies you can ever make. I am all about giving credit where credit is due, but for the life of me I can not remember where I got this recipe. Anyways, all you do is pour brownie mix into this nifty little flowery cupcake pan from pampered chef and then stuff a chunk of the chocolate, toffee, and almond Symphony bar into each little "flower". Once they cook you have this delicious ooey, gooey goodness inside each little flowery brownie.


We also dipped pretzels rods in orange chocolate and rolled it around in reeses pieces.







TA-DA! The finished products!

4 comments:

  1. Ummmm...YUMMY!!!! We might have to try both of these. Did you use any particular brownie mix?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... let me think. I think it was Betty Crocker, but I have made these dozens of times and have no loyalty to a certain brand {other than the scrumptous Symphony bar, of course} They are always SINFULLY good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. You aren't helping my mission to go without sweets, Sara! ;) (5 days and counting...)

    ReplyDelete