Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving


Over the years we've gotten a little bit smarter with this project. This is no longer an indoor activity - we moved pumpkin carving onto the back porch so we could enjoy the beautiful fall weather and not worry about what kind of messy fun we ended up having. Remarkably, we also discovered that our two crazy dogs have some sort of weird craving for pumpkin pulp and pumpkin seeds. They sat begging at the children's feet and would run off with any scraps that hit the ground. That actually only lasted until Brian started grilling steaks a few feet away, and then they were a bit more interested in what he was doing.

We found the best little carving kit at Target with kid friendly tools. They worked so hard and looked so cute trying to saw into those silly pumpkins.

Savanna has an incredibly strong sense of smell -{ always has! }- and the smell from the pumpkin "guts" was almost more than she could take!

Micah's face says it all!

Micah was so proud of Savanna for getting her hands good & dirty and digging with all her might to get the pulp out of the pumpkin. Last year she would hardly touch it but this year she was a woman on a mission. Not only did she get all the pulp out but she also sorted through it so we could roast the pumpkin seeds later.

PUMPKIN PRAYER

Dear Jesus, as I carve my pumpkin, help me pray this prayer



OPEN my MIND so I can learn about you...

Know that the Lord is God (Psalm 100:3)




TAKE OUT all my sin and forgive the wrong I do...

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us(1 John 1:9)



Open my EYES so Your love I will see...

Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law (Psalm 119:18)



I'm sorry for times I have turned up my NOSE at what you've given to me...

Create in me a clean heart, O God (Psalm 51:10)



Open my EARS so Your Word I will hear...

Incline your ear, and come to Me (Isaiah 55:3)



Open my MOUTH to tell others You're near...

I shall declare the works of the Lord (Psalm 118:17)



Let your LIGHT shine in all I say and do...

Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven (Matthew 5:16)



AMEN!




3 comments:

  1. OK...look at your cute blog!!! LOVE IT!!!!

    Love the pumpkins...they did a great job! And Savanna's face is pricless!!

    XXOOXXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pumpkins are very impressive!! Also, would you believe I have a CAT who loves pumpkin?? It is the weirdest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! And your blog is evolving beautifully!

    ReplyDelete