Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Festival

I will be honest with you~ picking costumes this year was very difficult ~ at least for Savanna. Micah's costume was a no brainer. Anything Star Wars, but his preference was Luke Skywalker. We found tons of variations of the Luke Skywalker gear - all of which were perfectly appropriate. Savanna on the other hand, was a bit more of a challenge. I don't know who in the world designs these costumes, but I would love to give them my input. Savanna is 10 years old, and the sweet window of wanting to be a princess or Raggedy Ann has definitely closed. Instead the choices are - hmmm, how do I put this - not so modest. Fortunately we were able to find this super cute poodle skirt so she could dance the night away as a 50's chick. She looked adorable and we all had a great night at our community Fall Festival.
We were so excited that it was actually COLD! You never know in Florida!
Savanna has Anna, another PK {preacher's kid}, on her back. The girls became fast friends this afternoon. As we were setting up I overheard Anna ask Savanna what her name was. Savanna of course replied "Savanna". Anna then said "No- wrong- your name is McKayla". It was ridiculous funny and she said it with such authority, if you didn't know better you might believe her!
Kenley sporting a hot pink hairdo to match her outfit
Inflatable slides and ball pits ~ where were these things when we were growning up?

Brandy and her little scarecrow, Hunter ~ the new big brother!
Two of my most special friends. Kitty on the left is the wife of our Music Minister. You know us minister wives all have a very special bond. She is a great encourager and support. I love her so much!
On my right is my precious Sonja! I tell Sonja all the time I just love having a "miracle friend"! She has been fighting cancer for many years. It has been a terrible, long, hard battle. You name an organ, it has probably had a tumor. But a few weeks ago, I burst into tears when I opened my phone and read a text that said
Guess whose cancer is now in remission?
PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSING FLOW!
She said she couldn't actually call me because she knew we wouldn't be able to even communicate what with us both being the charter members of the crybaby club and all. She is my heart friend - our hearts have just been knit together. I can't explain it except I know the Lord put us together.
Aunt Hannah with her neice, the newest Auburn Fan
Hayley was a great help to me at the Stuffed Animal Walk although Benjamin and AJ gave her a hard time for being The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I couldn't have made it without her because apparently I must have a case of adult onset Attention Deficit Disorder that caused me to get terribly side tracked by people to talk to or super cute babies in costume.
I love me some Lathan girls!!! How adorable is Morgan with the face mask?

Zac and Zoe came dressed as the Twister game and Indiana Jones.
Two thumbs up for creativity!!
The Bradley gang! Can you say PERSONALITY PLUS+++

One of my ALL TIME favorite stories is about Samuel (aka ~ the dino in the middle)

Last year when his adoption was being finalized, he sat with his parents in the judges' chambers. As the judge talked about the legal end of the procedings, Samuel raised his hand and said "Excuse me, could we quit all this 'yap yap yapping' and just get me adopted already?"


The judge paused, smiled, and then replied


"Absolutely"



Papers were signed


Samuel was officially adopted


And we all rejoiced!

1 comment:

  1. Fun times, cute costumes, and great friends! Love it all! And LOVE the adoption story...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete