Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Three Wishes

I love blogger! I have always been REALLY good at taking tons and tons of pictures and I even do all the scrapbooking to go along with it. But I have never, N-E-V-E-R, been any good at journaling and recording the details of daily life. You know, all the little things that are oh so special but your memory just cannot contain forever. I even remember buying all kinds of fancy diaries and journals as a little girl that I never wrote in. Full of good intentions, but no follow through.

Well, so far, blogger seems to really be helping getting me motivated and recording the memories that I don't want to get lost in the business of life. Here is a GREAT example...

Savanna was given a writing assignment at school where she was to write what she would wish for if she had three wishes. I started reading expecting the wishes to be something like

I wish I had a million dollars, or a fancy car, or a fancy house, or a trip to Disney, etc...

Imagine my excitement and pride when I read:

"If I had three wishes, I would wish...

1. That everyone in the world had a home

2. That everyone in the world had a Bible

3. That everyone knew Jesus as their Savior so they would have a forever home in heaven"
Sweet Savanna,
I love you so much and I am so proud that not even ONE of the wishes was something for yourself. You have the most generous heart of ANYONE I know! You challenge me to become a better person. Thank you for always thinking of others and knowing what is truly important in life!
I love you BIG bunches ~ Mom

3 comments:

  1. And I am so glad that you are a blogger! You have no idea how I love to keep up with you guys...it makes it feel like you are right around the corner again!

    And oh, that SWEET SAVANNA!!! I know you are so very proud of her. Give her a big old hug for me!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara! Mary left me a comment on our blog and said that you might like an invite! I'd love to send you one but don't have your email address. You can reach me at jasekamroberts@windstream.net

    I can't wait to catch up with you all! God is so good!
    Love and hugs~
    Kam

    ps. LOVE her three wishes! she's a beauty, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete