Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday Walk ~ Locks of Love

Two and a half years ago Savanna cut her beautiful hair to donate to Locks of Love to provide the hair needed to make a wig for children undergoing chemotherapy.
Once she saw the website and read about the opportunity to minister to others ~ she wept and begged me to let her cut her hair. I'll be entirely honest with you, when I realized that the minimum length was TEN inches, I was VERY hesitant about letting her do it. That would have left her remaining hairstyle MUCH shorter than I had ever imagined. But her generous heart won out and I couldn't be more proud of her for what she did.
The truth is, I have LOVED her short and sassy hairstyle too!
You may have noticed that her hair is starting to get a little longer lately. Well, she and Bizzy have informed me that they are going to both be growing their hair out to donate to Locks of Love! It will probably take them nearly two years to grow the hair ~ but they are so excited about the opportunity to share something so special with someone in need.

2 comments:

  1. Lily is doing this, too!!!! We are getting close...probably a few more months. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I keep thinking about you since seeing you almost a month ago. I just love you to pieces! Anyway, I was just catching up on your blog and just had to give Savanna some love appropriate for her Locks of Love donation. I tried and tried to grow my hair long enough to donate (without looking like Shirley Temple after getting it cut, since my hair gets curlier when it is shorter!). I went in for a trim two weeks before my wedding, to a salon I'd never been to before, and even though I had explained that I only wanted a half-inch or so off, when they were finished, my hair barely hit my shoulders. Believe me when I tell you, I cried in that chair! (Also, I will confess that I wasn't just crying for my lost Locks of Love efforts: I didn't want short hair in my wedding pictures!) Sigh. Anyway, this post just inspired me - maybe I will start the growing process all over again! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete