Monday, January 11, 2010

Environmental Center Field Trip

Since the only time our kids ride school buses is on field trips, sometimes the bus ride itself has been the highlight of the trip. Not this time though! We had an awesome and educational time at the environmental center.
The fifth graders got to use REAL microscopes and look at several slides of different plant cells.



Then they moved to another room and had a really cool lesson about rocks. Lots of hands on learning going on ~ I LOVE to see kids get excited about learning.


They all really loved trying on their goggles.
The picture turned out blurry ( I am still learning how to use my new camera)
but I love the excitment on their faces!



Savanna and the big illustration of the plant cell.

I knew Savanna was either going to get tickled or grossed out as they started passing around an Eagle's claw for everyone to touch. I quickly snuck to the front of the room to capture her expressions!
Do I know my girl, or what?



Next, came the stuffed owl.
Then the live owl.
The live owl got hit by a car and now is blind in one eye.


Lovely, Ms. C!


And last but not least....

Look closely...

that is NOT a new necklace I am sporting!


That is not trick photography either ~ no photoshopping.

CHRISTIAN'S HONOR!


That is a FOR-REAL, LIVE SNAKE!

I know, I can hardly believe it myself.


Just call me Britney Spears!
(and by the way, this was NOT my idea... I gave into some pretty intense peer pressure)

2 comments:

  1. FRIEND....HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND!?!?!?!?!?

    Have I told you about my patient who picked up a snake??? Well, I'm sure your snake was harmless...but I had a patient who was 34 weeks pregnant and picked up a COPPERHEAD...and. it. bit. her. She had to get 3 injections of anit-venom...had no insurance...and her injections were $22,000 EACH!!!!!!! YIKES!

    From that day forward, I swore off all snakes...no way, Jose.

    But I am impressed that you put one around her neck...you are so brave!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl all the way to the right in the 7th picture reminds me of Amber when she was that age!

    Savanna would LOVE (heehee) Dallon's raccoon claw he bought on the Cherokee Reservation in November!

    An owl flew in front of our car, almost hitting the windshield, a few weeks ago on our way to evening service at church.

    MARY - YIKES What was she thinking??? Glad she's OK!

    ReplyDelete