Friday, January 22, 2010

Heart Sisters

Just about every Sunday after church, Savanna, Bizzy, and Kayleigh use their well developed negotiation skills to convince us parents to let them hang out at each other's houses. This week our house became the hang out.


Our home was filled with sweet music all afternoon as the "three amigos" practiced song after song with the intent to audition for the 5th grade talent show. The favorite songs for the day were "Free to Be Me" and "It's Your Life." They even started brainstorming names and outfit ideas for this newly formed singing trio.

As they sang, I thanked the Lord for the gift of sweet friendship.

I remember not that long ago, when we first considered moving here, Savanna climbed on my lap and tearfully asked me "Would you please help me find a friend?"

BREAK! MY! HEART!
My heart literally ached when she said that. But God has been so gracious and I praise Him for all He has done for us!
So far, the name of the group is "Heart Sisters." Have I told you lately how much I love 11 year old little girls ~ especially the ones who want to sing for Jesus?

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! I just love your sweet Savanna! And I love you more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savanna has so much of your personality Sara!
    She could never have a difficult time making friends anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Sara I LOVE it too cute!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am so glad that they became friends, because not only did Bizzy get a wonderful and caring friend...But I received one also. I am so thankful that God sent you to Molino. I can still remember the day that Bizzy told me that I just had to meet her friend Savanna's Mom. She so badly wanted to come and play. After I explained how I had to meet the parents of her friends, she said "But her Mom is so pretty" After we met it started a beautiful friendship for all of us. I love you and Savannah so much.

    ReplyDelete