Thursday, January 14, 2010

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck?

On Saturday, Brian came inside and asked me where my camera was. I did think it was a little odd because I am usually the one running around like the crazy paparazzi trying to snag all the Kodak moments. But I didn't really think much of it until the next time I picked it up and found pictures of MY BABY chopping wood!!!




My first reaction was...
"You let him use a hatchet?!
He is only 7 years old for heaven's sake!"




But, {thankfully}, I kept those thoughts to myself. As I scrolled through the pictures I saw the pride on Micah's face and reminded myself that Brian was RIGHT THERE supervising. Brian is an awesome dad with good common sense who would never put his children in harm's way. My plan to keep the children wrapped in bubble wrap so as not to get hurt probably isn't all that healthy or practical anyway.
I was subbing in a fourth grade class yesterday, and we read a story about Abraham Lincoln. It said Abe starting chopping wood as soon as he was big enough to hold an ax.
I guess if it was good enough for Abe!

It still feels a little strange to see him swinging a hatchet since it was only abou a month ago we began letting him use his own dinner knife to cut his food.

I'm just sayin!


He was so proud and has talked about it everytime we have had a fire going this week.
Reaping the rewards of Micah's hard work!

1 comment:

  1. Now, why can't you wrap the kids in bubble wrap??

    Also, we may have to send Micah a Red Sox hat.

    ReplyDelete