Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snowball Fight

Okay, so we may not get real snow here, but since Jesus loves us "SNOW" much, we just HAD to have a snowball fight with all our friends at church!

Kids kept busy with 'Jesus loves me SNOW much' color sheets as an entrance activity.
Sweet and snuggly girls!
After sign language lessons, praise and worship time, and Bible study, it was time for our Florida Style Snowball Fight with cottonballs.
On your mark,
Get set,
GO!

I must say, after having had a REAL snowball fight before, this is a MUCH better alternative!
We're not wet or cold, these 'snowballs' don't hurt when they hit you, and the clean up is SO much easier!


The kids and the grown-ups in the Kids Klub Krewe had a ball!

Just look at these sweet faces!


We had an easy clean up by using the "snow" to stuff our snowman gloves.

Micah was a little too excited to blast me with his snowball!


Our faithful friends Scott and Stephanie who have come once a month for the past two years to give the children sign language lessons.

Everyone wore their warm winter wear to sport the SNOWMAN look.

We even made matching scarves last Wed. night in preparation for the snowball fight.
Even Brylee had a warm and snuggly cap made by her mom to wear to the snowball fight.
I can't wait till "SMILEY BRYLEE" is big enough to come to Kids Klub with her brother and sister.


All the children were WAY pumped when I told them they could all hit me with their best shot on the count of 3.
Note to self: Next time, close eyes and mouth.

Other fun activites this month included mini cupcake snowmen,

'we're all made unique and one of a kind' beaded snowflakes,

'Jesus warms my heart' cocoa cup missions give away,

and write your memory verse in SNOW (shaving cream)!
"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord"
Jeremiah 29:11
Thank you Lord, that the plans you have for my life include getting to teach these precious children about your grace and goodness!
The youth upstairs know how to have fun too!
Benjamin snuck downstairs to give me a scare when they were having CAMO night.
Who ever said Christians don't know how to have fun?

2 comments:

  1. OK....you are truly THE most creative person I know...I LOVE it!!!

    Can I come to your church? PLEASE??? How fun!

    Love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were at our church!! You have the best ideas!! ~Becky

    ReplyDelete