Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Friends Forever!

We met up for a playdate with my childhood BFF while she and the fam were home for Christmas. I was beyond words excited to see her and ESPECIALLY her precious babies that I only get to see twice a year now that they have moved to Utah.


Of course, I had my camera ready to capture this Kodak moment but Parker was less than thrilled to see me or the camera.


I still stole some pictures of him hiding from me because he is just so darn cute ~ even when he is being a stinker!

PEEK A BOO!


I met Aimee at church when we were in preschool! Our friendship has been one of the sweetest blessings from the Lord. She knows all my secrets and I know all of hers ~ She challenges me and encourages me in my walk with the Lord. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. She is truly one of the most positive people you could ever meet! She is an INCREDIBLE wife and mother too!



In High School we attended two separate schools that were RIVALS to say the least. The funniest thing happened though, during our Senior year we were each voted "Most School Spirited" for our respective schools!



She is and always has been one of the first people I want to call when something WONDERFUL or something HORRIBLE happens in my life. She is a true friend and I know she will always be my biggest cheerleader on good days but will also cry with me on the bad ones.



I almost forgot...she is also a LIVING WALKING MIRACLE too!

Eleven years ago she was diagnosed with a brain tumor!

It was terrible scary ~ at least for me!

I remember calling from Texas to "comfort" her and I just sobbed and boohoo-ed on the phone while SHE comforted ME!

She overcame brain surgery and came out even stronger ~ physically, spiritually, and emotionally ~ than she was before.


Savanna had the best time teaching Hayden how to shop like a "big girl" at Justice.

They both had Christmas money that apparently was just burning a hole in their pockets.

They each got a new Webkinz so they can let their virtual pets play together.
Not only are our little girls friends, but our moms have been best buddies for decades too!

One of my favorite memories of Mrs. G was when I was about 13 years old and my parents were separating. I remember her coming over to our house to spend the night and help support my mom during that very difficult time. I was so touched that she loved my mom so much and I also remember thinking how cool is that ~ I didn't even know grown ups could have slumber parties!

We had a wonderful time catching up and playing (not to mention SHOPPING!)

~ the only problem was...

it just makes me miss them more!!!



(notice Parker is still not in the picture...maybe next time)



Love and miss you, Aimerz!

1 comment:

  1. that's so great you girls have remained close over so many years! and wow, your mom looks fantastic!
    blessings,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete