Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Snipers

Well, I don't know why in the world I got concerned last week when Brian taught Micah how to use a hatchet?


Who knew that would be the least of my concerns this week when he took Micah to a friend's house for target practice with a rifle AND a pistol!?! Turns out this little dude has AWESOME aim!







"YES!"


True confessions: Guns scare me to death!


There...I said it.


And the idea of one being in 'my baby's' hands is nothing short of terrifying to me.




But the reality is that out here in the country, it is simply a way of life. I am quite certain there are more guns out here than there are in the hood!




So, I get it why it is important that the children are taught a healthy respect of the guns.


I really don't know who had more fun though, Brian or the children.


Then they switched from the rifle to the pistol!



Savanna may be girly girl through and through, but even she wanted a little piece of this action. She came home saying she wanted a pink rifle next year for Christmas.
FOR REAL?!
Do they even make such a thing?





Mr. Ed is a dear friend and deacon at our church. We love him and his entire family so very much! He not only has graciously taken our family under his wing, but for the past two summers he has also invited the entire children's department over to his house to fish in his pond and play water games. Last year we had over 70 children come to be a part of the water play day at his house! Each year I am afraid we will never be invited back ~ not because the kids are bad, but there is just SO MANY of them. Wonderful problem to have if you ask me! But every year {so far} as we are leaving, he says "Can't wait till next year!"

Thank you Mr. Ed!

2 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY with you, Friend! I have 2 sisters, so all this boy stuff is new to me...and Shad is DETERMINED that Caleb will not be a "sissy" boy...LOL!

    Caleb has a pocket knife that scares me to death when he gets out...and he did some target shooting with Cub Scouts that about put me over the edge, too....YIKES!!!

    Sometimes we control freak Momma's have to step back and let our boys be boys!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I am sooo proud of Savanna, and yes, they do make a pink gun (check out bass pro shop) and I believe that Jenna has a pink gun.
    I think that Biz will be so proud to know that Savanna shot a gun. Next thing you know she will be wanting to go hunting.

    ReplyDelete