Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rock and ROLL

I am terribly embarassed to confess that Saturday was the FIRST time we have EVER taken our children Roller Skating! I know... SHAME ON US!
I don't really know why. We have tried to provide so many rich and wonderful experiences in their childhoods, but for some strange reason, that I really can't explain, skating just didn't make the list. They have even both taken ice skating lessons, but just not roller skates.

They were both a little nervous when they got the invitation to a skating birthday party ~ and I have to admit so was I!
But I was super proud of both of them! They got out there and jumped right in with the rest of the kids. They really did awesome especially for their first time on wheels.

We really got tickled watching them because the way they learned to skate was almost identical to the way they learned to WALK! Savanna was oh so careful and cautious. She found her center of balance and skooted along at a very conservative speed.
Micah {aka WILDMAN} looked more like a cartoon character than an actual human. His legs and arms were flying in all different directions as he went around at about 100 mph.
He fell more times than we could have possibly counted, but he always landed laughing with a huge smile on his face.
BLESS!
Poor Savanna landed on her NOSE and KNEE!
OUCH!
Praise the Lord we didn't go home with any broken bones though. The poor birthday girl did though! She was unusually weepy throughout the party. We all sort of thought it was just a "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" kind of thing. Turns out she BROKE HER WRIST! I guess that will be a birthday she will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Roman's been to a few skate parties but not Dal & Rocco. I was telling Nick a few weeks ago that we needed to go skating as a family. Love the pictures of Micah so lit up & Savanna's awesome outfit!! Can't believe the Bday girl broke her wrist!! OUCH!!

    ReplyDelete