Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Exploreum and Sea Lab

Since our children have always been 'car riders' ~ they get a BIG thrill out of riding the school bus on field trips.

The fifth graders have been planning and earning money for their long awaited trip to the Exploreum and Sea Lab. I think they have probably sold about a gazillion sticks of beef jerky ~ which, by the way, is a surprisingly lucrative fund raiser!
They had tons of hands on fun in the Body Works area of the Exploreum.







The boys thought this was the BEST attraction of all!
"My Body Noises" was a display with buttons featuring all the lovely noises that various parts of our body make.
We then settled in for an IMAX movie about Dinosaurs.
Our beloved Ms. C. hamming it up for the camera.
The teachers did an AWESOME job planning the trip for all the kids. I know ALL TOO WELL how hard they work, and I surely do appreciate all they did to make the trip so successful.
I must admit, when I saw the first child with their head on a platter, I had to do a double take!
The Lord gave us a beautiful day to enjoy our Subway picnic in the park.
After lunch, we were off to the Sea Lab in Dauphin Island.


By the look of Savanna's facial expression while holding the baby shark and looking at the horseshoe crab, I don't expect her to have a future in marine biology.

We had a fabulous day celebrating our 'senior year' of elementary school!

No comments:

Post a Comment