Saturday, May 15, 2010

Salamandar

On any given day, Micah comes bursting inside the house ready to share some wonderful treasure that he has found in the yard. Usually the treasure consists of random bugs, worms, rocks, or cool sticks. But today's treasure was most unusual and seemed blog-worthy.


Now I try to be a good "boy mama" and 'oooh' and 'aaah' at all his bizarre and disgusting treasures, but you could not even PAY me to hold this crazy thing. By the look on Toby's face in the background, I'm not sure what the fate of the dear salamandar was after Micah released him, but there was no way ~ I mean seriously N.O. way ~ that that bug-eyed snake with legs was living INSIDE the same house with me!

3 comments:

  1. My boys caught a skink yesterday! EEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a mud skipper! You should've let him stay for at least a night! They are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete