Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beach Wedding

Brian was asked to officiate a wedding on the beach for a precious young couple.
The bride told Brian she wanted the ceremony to be "short, sweet, and meaningful."
That was a pretty tall order, but I think he did a great job and kept the entire ceremony right at 20 minutes!
There was a tremendous crowd, especially if you consider that they live about 7 hours from where they actually got married! Can you imagine having 150-200 friends and family that would be willing to travel that far just to share in your special day?
~
One of my favorite memories from our own wedding was when I looked out at the guests during the ceremony and just tried to soak in all their faces and all the love that was represented in that room. It was such a unique gathering of people who had played important roles in our lives and helped shape us into who we were on that day ~ Elementary School teachers, Sunday School teachers, neighborhood friends, college roomates, extended family members, former youth ministers, etc.. That group of people will never be gathered together again. It was a one of a kind grouping of all the people who loved us the most and who we loved the most in the world.
Brian was literally tortured about the shoe situation at a beach wedding.
What to do?
The bride instructed that it was to be a 'barefoot on the beach' shin dig. But my husband just DOES NOT do barefoot. Me on the other hand, I LOVE barefoot! In fact, I guess I should quit saying that I love shoes ~ I actually just love COLLECTING shoes, not actually WEARING them. I am SO much more comfy in BARE feet.


I was so thankful for the beautiful weather and the luxurious condo that the family provided for us. It was a wonderful day "suffering for Jesus" out there on those sugary white dunes listening to the crashing waves.

Savanna thought this was the BEST wedding!
In fact, she informed us that SHE want to have a beach wedding too!
I love the concept of the beach wedding, but the truth is that I have way too many control issues. The weather is SO unpredictable sometimes ~ not just the rain, but the WIND!

We had a fantastic weekend celebrating with these sweet families and wish the new couple great happiness in their marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment