Monday, May 31, 2010

Luau

The fifth graders got to vote to see what theme they wanted their end of the year party/dance to be.
The choices were Disco, Western, 50's, or Luau ...
and the winning vote went to LUAU!!!
We anxiously awaited the parade of 5th graders outside the party room, ready to adorn them each with their very own lei.

The moms went all out with the decorating and even built a sno-cone tiki bar.

I couldn't believe they even hired a DJ ~ this is certainly a lot different than when I graduated from 5th grade!

I'm not sure who had more fun,
students or teachers?
I even caught the teachers on the dance floor a few times!
Some of the kids really got into the luau wear...

Bizzy was all dolled up from head to toe...LITERALLY!
No good dance would be complete without the Cupid Shuffle or Cha Cha Slide.
to the left, to the left,
to the right, to the right...
I must say, they are all MUCH MORE coordinated than me!
All that dancing worked up everyone's appetite for some authentic Hawaiian pizza.
I was so glad Mom had taken the day off work so she could come and party like a 5th grader with us!
Brian and Joel were in charge of videography and photography for the day.

Aloha, Middle School ~ Here We Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment