Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fifth Grade Grand Finale

As a grand finale to their elementary years {sniff, sniff},

our dear friend, Stephanie invited the 'gang' to spend the weekend at her Dad's condo on the beach!


We started off the weekend the right way by chowing down at Cheeseburger In Paradise.


The wonderful thing about this sweet group of kids, is that us moms are just as good of friends as the kiddos. I truly do not remember any arguing or complaining all weekend ~ from the kids or parents :)

Our 'get away' was not much of a true get away because our darn phones kept ringing off the hook! We could hardly have a conversation without one of our phones going off. We decided we would leave our phones in the condo the rest of the weekend and not let them interrupt our time on the beach with our children. I know phones are supposed to make our lives easier, so why is it my life seems more complicated and busier than ever? Just a thought.

These kids were starving from our busy field trip all day, and each of them nearly cleaned their plates!

Although NONE of us went to bed before 2 am the first night, the kids were up early and ready to hit the pool.

They spent the better part of the morning laughing, splashing, and perfecting their cannonball jumps into the pool.




After lunch, we crossed the boardwalk and headed to our beautiful white beaches.

Oh how I hope and pray that the ugly oil spill does not ruin this forever!



This is a view from our condo.

Doesn't it just look like paradise?




I loved watching our 'almost middle-school girls' still holding hands and jumping together in the waves. I am increasingly thankful for their unsophisticated, innocence as I watch the world try to steal that part of their hearts away.


The boys were a bit more brave and adventuresome than the girls. We had to keep waving them in because the rip tide was ferocious that day.


We have such a large collection of shells at home, but Savanna couldn't resist adding a few more to her collection. I guess a girl can never have enough jewelry, shoes, or SHELLS.



Here we are soaking in the sun ~ probably a bit too much sun, since this was 4 days ago and I still have a bottle of aloe on my nightstand!
I don't really know how I got burned! I promise I used sunscreen! It has been a long, long time since I have gotten burned.



































Now, I have lived by the beach most of my life, but I have never, I mean NEVER seen this before. If you look closely where the first wave is cresting, you will see numerous, very large sting rays. It was an incredible thing to witness. They were ridiculously close to the shoreline. It was definitely a highlight for the kids!
We had a wonderful weekend together and thank God for the sweet friends He has given to us.

1 comment:

  1. How fun...and YIKES!!! Those sting rays....ummmmm....I don't know about that!

    Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete