Friday, May 14, 2010

Relay For Life

The theme for our 2010 Relay for Life was Wonder Workers.
The children at our school were all given a star and asked to put the name of a loved one who has been touched by cancer. The stars were returned and put together to create our Wonder Workers shield for our booth.
I thought these two cuties had the sweetest smiles for a late and rainy night, until I turned around and realized...
they were cracking up at silly Micah.
WOW!
Check out my Wonder Workers!


The girls huddled together and hid from the rain under the tent.


The boys thought it was the perfect time for some football on an actual high school football field.

I couldn't help teasing Chris that he looked an awful lot like the Gorton's Fisherman in his bright yellow rain coat!
I laughed everytime I looked at him!



Crazy Chris also tried to convince Brian that we could borrow his tent to go camping!
Seriously?
I DO NOT SLEEP OUTSIDE!
Why would anyone save up vacation time to go and pretend like they are homeless people?
I really do not understand why anyone thinks this is a good idea.
Some of my sweetest friends: Sonja, Rachel, and Gena who spearhead our booth and are the masterminds behind all the creative fundraising ideas.
Wringing wet, yet still smiling and beautiful as always!
All three of these lovely ladies have been touched very personally by cancer.
They have redirected their hurt to provide healing for others.
I pray their passion to find a cure will be contagious to everyone they meet.

1 comment:

  1. Mom said "Tell Sara that roughing it to me is a black & white TV in a hotel room."

    ReplyDelete