Monday, April 5, 2010

Micah's Birthday Dinner

Micah requested his favorite Mexican restaurant La Hacienda for his 8th birthday dinner. This boy loves spicy like it is nobody's business!

He was all smiles as he chose from the ADULT menu. Apparently, he thinks 8 years old is when you graduate from the children's menu. Hey ~ you're only 8 once! And yes, he did eat the WHOLE THING!
Micah tried to sneak up behind me and scare me on his way back from the bathroom. He was unsuccessful and said "I have NEVER been able to scare you, Mom!"

I corrected him and reminded him that I was plenty scared when he was born with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and he was dark, dark blue. And he scared me pretty good when he jumped off his Daddy's shoulder's when he was three and landed head first on the tile. He also did a pretty good job of scaring me when he nearly drowned in a pool a few years ago. And, most recently, I was good and scared when he disappeared from the ballpark into the woods to go 'fishing' with some friends.
~
I assurred him that he has 'scared' me plenty in his eight years. Thinking back over his short life I realize that since he is not a cat with nine lives, the Lord has been incredibly merciful to protect him through these VERY SCARY events. I am pretty sure the Lord sends us children just to enhance our prayer life!
No birthday dinner would be complete without the wait staff singing and embarrassing the birthday boy, right?

La Ha goes all out and even plants a sombrero on the birthday boy's head!
Hmmm.....wonder how many heads that thing has been on?
After the singing was over, I asked "What'd ya get, Bud?"
He said "A PANCAKE!"
~
One bite confirmed it was definitely not a pancake. But whatever it was, was covered in honey and sprinkles which made for a good finale to the dinner.


On our way out, Brian and Micah hammed it up with the Mariachi band and Savanna couldn't resist the over sized gumball machine. That child loves bubble gum ALMOST as much as her momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment