Thursday, April 22, 2010

Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?

Savanna was so excited when my Mom (the Math teacher) showed up for a visit on the same day she brought home two A+ Math Tests! She got 106 and 109!


I must say, she always does really well in Math, but I was pretty impressed with these grades because some of these problems were pretty tough!


Here's a few examples...


Write the equivalent decimal for 3/5

~

Order from greatest to least 1.4, 150%, 7/6

~

Find 44% of 70

~

What is the sales tax on $9 if the tax rate is 6%

~

Josie completed 4/5 if the math problems, Carol completed 85% of them , Raj completed 0.7 of them, and Leo completed 5/8 of them. Who completed the greatest portion of the problems?

~

WOW!

I am NOT EVEN going to answer the question "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"

I am super proud of you, Savanna!

Keep up the good work!

Who ever said BOYS were better at Math than girls?

2 comments:

  1. oh. my. goodness. is that REALLY 5th grade work??? Really....so impressive!!! GO SAVANNA!!! You da Girl!!!

    Love you all! :)

    ReplyDelete