Saturday, April 17, 2010

Let's Go Fly A Kite

My hair says it all!

We had a wonderfully windy day and decided it would be the perfect time to rush out to the beach for some good kite flying fun.

We had three different kites to work with ~ a turtle, an owl, and an orca whale.



Tyson and Beth had a picnic lunch while we entertained them with our kite flying antics.

I am really glad Aunt Beth suggested we meet at a beach that had very few other beach goers. We were running and CRASHING everywhere!

But, boy, did we have fun!!!

We finally got the orca flying high!!!

Oops!

It took us a little while to get the hang of it.

What a gorgeous day to fly a kite

Savanna became quite the pro.

Her patience paid off in the long run.

I had to snag all of my last 7 year old smooches because this was the "eve" of Micah's 8th birthday.

We really felt it in our legs the next day. Who knew kite flying would be a form of exercise?



Sweet memories!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea & great pictures! We have kites we never fly because there are so many trees/wires here. Don't know why we haven't thought of the beach yet! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...I must confess...I am jealous that I can't "rush out" to the beach to fly a kite...I can't even wrap my brain around being that close to the beach...you are blessed!

    Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete