Monday, April 26, 2010

Family Reunion


I always love being around Brian's GINORMOUS family, but official reunions are the BEST!

Lots of laughing, singing, hugging, crying, and eating.

It's the perfect recipe for a good time ~ actually, it's a little taste of heaven if you ask me!

So thankful that I married into this family.

I think I would have to crash the party even if I wasn't invited.

The little girls went on a treasure hunt.

Hannah found a butterfly and Melanie found some lovely flowers.

Micah and Zac kept themselves busy playing in the creek just like Brian and Brad and all their cousins used to do 30 plus years ago.

Micah literally lost his shoe in the mud!

I told him he HAD to go back and find it.

What a mess!

I didn't even know where to begin the clean up!

Ramona with her 'babies'!

I can remember holding Reid as a newborn when he first came home from the hospital.

Now he's taller than his Momma!

Where did the time go?


No good Brown family fellowship would be complete without some serious eating!

We had to move the reunion inside Rays Chapel instead of the Family Fish Pond because of the wet weather. When Bro. Nathan came over from the parsonage next door, Brian showed him the 'right' foods to get from the food line like his Momma's chicken and dumplins, Aunt Shirley's roast, Aunt June's chicken tortilla casserole, Aunt Margaret's pork roast, etc...

Everyone has their signature dishes that they are known for and BOY do people pitch a fit if they try and bring something different.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!



We may not have REAL blood born sisters, but I am so thankful for my 'sistas'!
It is so amazing to know that on your best and worst days, you will have a 'sista' there to hold your hand!
After the eating, it was time for some singing.

Brian and Kevin did great keeping up even when you could tell by their expressions that they had no idea what song they were playing!

I know this is terribly blurry ~ but I couldn't resist showing off Damon's 'peace-out gangsta' sign.

Will, Joy, and Brad getting some more super-sweet tea.

All that singing can really make you thirsty!

Nothing like some syrupy tea to coat the throat.

All the grandkids can harmonize so beautifully.

It is truly a worshipful experience.
I don't really know why we had microphones there. None of them need a mic! They have some powerful lungs!
Here are 9 of the original 17 siblings in the Brown family.

I was so taken back when I realized Uncle Chuck is the only brother left among the group.

I can't focus on who and what we've lost, but on what we have now and what we have to hope for when we all gather for the ultimate family reunion in Glory one day.

~

I am so thankful for the legacy of this precious family and even more thankful to be a part of it!
See you all at the fish pond on the Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful family! Very glorifying! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete