Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy 8th Birthday Micah


Dear Micah~

I remember crying on Easter morning eight years ago, not knowing what in the world to wear! You see, I never dreamed I would still be pregnant at Easter since your due date was 2 weeks earlier. I remember sneaking into the back row of church and settling in trying to go unnoticed. That didn't last long since your Daddy started the worship service by saying
"Today we are here to celebrate Jesus coming out of the tomb...
Now we are all just waiting for Micah to come out of the womb!"


I remember three days later, when you finally made your appearance into the world. We had an Abraham/Isaac moment mere seconds after you were born. Due to complications at your birth, we didn't think you were ours to keep for long. That experience taught us early on that you truly are a precious gift here on loan from God. We believe with all of our hearts that there is a very special calling and purpose on your life. We pray daily that you will be a good steward and use the gifts that the Lord has generously given to you.
There are so many things that I love and appreciate about you!
~
You are definitely the funniest kid I have ever known. You make me laugh so much! I can not believe some of the jokes and witty things you come up with. I think the Lord sent you to us just so we would laugh more.
~
You have an incredible gift of music. You showed us from an early age what great rhythm you had. It has been a blessing to hear you sing in church for the Lord.
~
You have this unique ability to "read" people. I know that it is the gift of discernment to be able to look at people through those 'God goggles' and see past the exterior of a person. Your Daddy has this same gift, and with it comes a great deal of responsibility.
~
I love to hear you pray. You have such a loving, compassionate heart for others who are hurting or in need. It is so moving and convicting to hear you lift up others while also praising our Father.
~
You are definitely 100 percent boy! You love to fish, wrestle, play with swords and guns, work with tools, and play sports. I am so glad that you are as rough and tumble as they come!
~
You love to snuggle and have always given the best hugs! I love it when you say, "We haven't snuggled today, have we?" Even though you are rough and tumble, I pray you will never get too big or tough to hug your Momma!
~
I love that you LOVE LIFE! You definitely know how to live in the moment and will randomly declare a day "THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!" It makes me stop and appreciate the moment for what it is worth. ~ even the simple things in life.
~
You are remarkably bright! This has been a so special considering your rough start at birth. Dede has always jokingly said, "If that slowed him down any, you better be glad it did." I am glad for you that things come so easy for you, but I want to caution you to always try YOUR best and compete against yourself, not others.
~
You have this unusual natural charisma. People are just drawn to you and want to be your friend. I remember even when you were 2 years old in preschool, your friends would all scream "MICAH'S HERE!" when you walked in the room. It has always amazed us at how quickly you are able to connect with people. I hope as you get older, when people are drawn to you, you will point them to Jesus!
~
When I look back and think over all the things that make you so special in my eyes, I praise the Lord for the way He made you and designed you. I could not have custom ordered a kid that would have been any more fun to raise. You are truly blessed with many gifts. Please always remember to give God the glory and to "walk HUMBLY with the Lord." Remember, if you do not humble yourself, the Lord will humble you ~ and I can guarantee that is a lot more painful. I look at you and hope and pray you will use your gifts and your life to honor Him. To whom much is given, much is required.
You have taught me so much in your short life. I look forward to all that this next year has in store for you and the lessons that it will provide for me as well. I love you HEAPS AND HEAPS!

Love,

Mom

~ baby Micah at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months~

1 comment:

  1. ***TEARS***

    So sweet...but I must say....I do not know his birth story....where have I been??? I think you need to document it here (hint, hint!) :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICAH!!!!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete